Friday, May 22, 2015

Me Made May no more!

So, I've decided to chuck in Me Made May, for a few reasons. Firstly, I just cannot be bothered taking photos every day. I'm far too busy rushing kids out the door to think about taking happy snaps! Secondly, some days I've wanted to wear something store bought. Thirdly, I know that I have more than enough me mades to last me for a month, so it's really not going to give me a huge amount of personal satisfaction if I stick to it for a month. I wear me mades 9 days out of 10 so it's not a huge deal.

I've made a few little things, though. Jimmy was invited to a girl's birthday party, and I decided to try the Blossom Skirt from Issue 6 of One Thimble magazine.



This is a really nice little pattern. I found the elastic insertion a little tricky, and it's done in a way that makes it really difficult to alter the elastic length later on. Next time, I think I will just make a casing.




There are sweet little single pleats in the pockets. So cute!



I decided to make one for Lizzie at the same time, because why not?



I haven't heard if the recipient likes her skirt, because she didn't open her presents at the party, and her mother hasn't even bothered to send me a text message to say thank you. Unfortunately this seems to be the norm nowadays and I find it so rude!

I also made Lizzie another Gallery dress, this time with simple short sleeves and a cute asymmetrical collar. She wore it to her school's free dress day today and the teachers were gushing about how clever I am. 




No comments:

Post a Comment