Sunday, January 15, 2012

Op shop finds!


Okay...so I said this was going to be a blog purely for my sewing creations. I lied. I may occasionally throw in the odd op shop score. And I did really well this morning.

I went to the Salvo's store in Nerang. Usually when I'm op shopping, I'm on the lookout for clothes for myself and the kids. They didn't have anything decent as far as clothes and shoes go, so I headed to the homewares section and struck gold!


First up: The Complete Dressmaker. I haven't had a good look through this one yet, but I'm sure I'll have hours of fun reading it, as well as consulting it when I have trouble with a sewing project. This was $2.



This book is AMAZING and I went "Oooooh!" as soon as I laid eyes on it. It chronicles the changes in fashion, from ancient times right up until the 1970s. It has heaps of pictures and is a really interesting read. It was $3. Bargain!!!



Next find: An adorable box set of children's books printed in the 1980s by Readers Digest. I can't wait to read these to my sprogs. $2.



I spied these gorgeous old pillowcases in perfect condition and snapped them right up. I assumed that there was no matching sheet so went to go and pay for my goodies, then I spotted the sheet on a different shelf. $5 for the 3 pieces. They are in pristine condition. I would love to put them on our bed but they don't really go with our quilt cover, so I guess I'll just have to make some gorgeous items of clothing with them.

All in all, it was a very successful trip! Aaaaaaaaand I sold my old clarinet on Ebay this morning for $122, and am bidding on a dressmakers' dummy, which I'm absolutely desperate to own. I've bid a max of $122, so I hope it's high enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment